The guideline status is a key feature to manage the visibility of your guidelines. The IWD Platform provides several status options which are accessible via the Actions menu on the right of each guideline.
Guidelines can either be kept private or shared with your colleagues. The below guideline statuses are available:
- Private (not shared) - Formerly 'deactivated': The guideline is only visible to its creator (and users having the right to see all guidelines, such as the Super Admins). Applicable to guidelines still in the process of being created.
- Shared with all users - Formerly 'activated': The guideline is shared with all users, including the field users using the IWD App, provided they have access to the relevant brand and market (more information here!) Applicable to guidelines ready for implementation.
- Shared with the headquarter - New status: The guideline is only visible to a selection of profiles, fully customizable in the 'rights matrix' and defined as being part of the headquarter, for instance all Admin profiles. This enables them to work collaboratively on guidelines before they are validated and made available to all users.
Note that the status of a guideline can be updated either via the 'SHARE' option in the Actions menu (also in batch) or by clicking the share status of the guideline directly in the listing (see above demo).
Guidelines that are no longer relevant or useful to the team can be archived using the 'ARCHIVE' option in the Actions menu. Archived guidelines are no longer visible in the guidelines list and cannot be modified - they can be opened in the 2D or 3D editor but in read-only mode.
Note: Only if you have the rights to archive or unarchive a guideline will you be able to do so!
- How to access an archived guideline: If you have the right to see archived guidelines, then the 'ARCHIVED' status option can be selected in the search engine to filter archived guidelines.
- How to restore an archived guideline: Simply select 'UNARCHIVE' in the Actions menu on the right of the guideline. Archived guidelines are automatically unlinked from the folders (global and personal) they were originally placed in. Therefore, when unarchiving a guideline, you will have to select at least one destination folder from your personal space. Then, once unarchived, you will be able to edit the guideline again! Note that, by default, the unarchived guideline will have the Private (not shared) status.
Did you know that there is a 'Status' filter in the guideline search engine? Check our this article for more information!