Just like in real life, guidelines, items, and users are linked to one or multiple specific market(s) on the IWD Platform. Markets can be managed manually, but thanks to the automatic IMPORT & EXPORT features, it is also possible to create/update markets on the platform in bulk, allowing you to save a lot of time!
Rules on markets
Linking guidelines, items, and users to markets
Several rules must be followed to link guidelines, items, and users to markets:
- A user must be linked to at least one market. This will consequently restrict their access to the content linked to their markets everywhere in the application.
- Items and guidelines must also be linked to at least one market.
Creating new markets
When a new market is created, it is automatically linked to all:
- Users who have the right to be automatically linked to new markets
Note that individual markets can be grouped into groups of markets e.g. in “Europe/France”, “Europe” is a group of markets, and “France” is a market.
Good to know: It is highly recommended to avoid using identical names for both the market group and the markets included in it.
On the import page, the user can import a market.csv file containing multiple columns.
RULES FOR IMPORT:
- We recommend you to name this file with a prefix and a suffix e.g. xxx-market-2023-02.csv
- The first line contains the name of the columns, please refer to the Data dictionary below to help you fill in the information.
- Make sure to fill in the mandatory fields for the import to be successful.
- The following characters are not authorized in the import: [:] and [EOL ↵]
- You can import using only commas or semicolons but you can't use both in the same file.
- ⚠️ Important: The file imported must be in valid UTF-8 format for the import to be successful.
Please refer to this article for the detailed import process, including how to set up your *.csv file. It is essential to follow this process for the import to be successful.
On the EXPORT modal, the user can export a market.csv file containing all the markets and groups of markets. The first line of the file contains the name of the columns, as described in the Data dictionary below.
|uuid||UUID of the market. Has to be extracted from the platform.
Name of the market.
It is case and accent insensitive: if a market is named “Loe”, another one can't be named “LoE” or “Loé” for example.
|group||Name of the group of markets.
Its content must be between 1 and 64 characters.