When creating an item in the database, you have several possibilities regarding its position and therefore its behavior on the shelf. The 2D Editor knows from this setting how to behave. Here are the most common types.
The product type item is the most common one. Products usually have the following settings:
- Product type item + 3D model facing box
On the shelf, the product will behave just like in real life and will be placed at the back of the shelf where the facing and the stock usually are. See the example below - other products move aside.
The tester type is also very used. When creating a product, companies all have testers to display at the forefront of the shelf. The common setting for a tester is:
- Tester type item + 3D model facing on base
The tester will then be in the foreground and placed in front of the products. See the example below on how testers don't interfere with products - they are not on the same line (position) as products.
The accessory type has two levels of settings. Its position and its behavior. You have different possibilities to create an accessory.
Position on shelf
- Product: The accessory will be placed among the products on your shelf. You will not be able to place it in front of other products. It's in the background of the shelf.
- Tester: The accessory will be placed at the tester level. Some products may be placed behind it. It's in the foreground of the shelf.
- Shelf-talker: The accessory will be placed on the spine of the shelf.
Behavior on shelf
Here again, you have 3 different options for accessory behavior:
- Item behavior: your accessory will have no specific behavior but the normal one.
- Glorifier behavior: Choose this option if you want to be able to place any items in front of or within your accessory.
- Podium behavior: This behavior allows you to place items on top of your accessory.
Nothing to declare here! The visual type of item is the easiest one, you need to download your image/visual and provide the size for it. You're good to go!
Good to know
IWD can provide you with more item types - shoe, textile accessory, clothing etc. Reach out to your main contact to activate them if you need them!